Friday, September 7, 2012

teeny tiny journals

Hello,
I'm on my last journal, so I've been busy making new ones naturally :). And just for the fun of it, I made some teeny weeny ones too, using some paper scraps. I thought they would make you smile today :).


The littlest ones fit nicely into your palm. And the yellow journal is about 4 X 6" in size. I didn't sew the journals much except for the buttons. I used jewelry thread to tie the pages together. 



Colorful corrugated papers and 'leather' papers used for the cover. I wonder if the bookstore guy was correct to call them 'leather' paper :). They certainly feel like leather with paper backing up on the other side.

I used leftover watercolor papers, pattern papers scraps and salvaged old black diary to make the pages.

Are you ready to up-cycle old jeans and scrap papers into tiny journals yet?. I bet, you could go crazy and make them really really small as key-chain or pendant journals!. 
HAPPINESS.

8 comments:

  1. How cute and teeny these are, just love them! Love that you made so many, such patience you have in your projects. I LOVE LOVE the covers the textures and colors. Are you planning on painting in them or just keeping for the cuteness of them?? Great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn!. I think I'll keep them :). They are too small to paint on but make great jotter. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Dare I say "adorable"?? That leather paper is fabulous! great job Shahrul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Linda!. I'm going to make them even smaller now :)

      Delete
  3. Love these cute journals!!! Very creative with the covers. A good way to reduce our scraps...great work again Shahrul!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been on a roll! Those look great. How fun to create on such good watercolor paper in such small spaces... love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok these are so full of awesome (much like yourself!). I can't believe all the fun upcycled elements you have included in these lovelies! I just adore them and you :)

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP