Monday, September 24, 2012

it's all about blue

Dear friends;
my art journal pages today was inspired by my previous robin-egg blue post. One photo in particular, that cute postcard pouch ... really talking to me :).


So I decided to create a rather romantic looking pages. Tried to limit to a few blue shades and a light yellow colors. Save the pink roses, I must have them :). I used soft pastel sticks, wax crayons and aqua acrylic paint for the background and circles.

 


A collage of decoupaged tissue paper hearts & roses, paper doily postage stamp and typewriter number rub-ons. And a random rambling on the color blue :). Added number leather thickers for dimension.


This was a quick page since I did minimum painting & drying. I should try play with mediums next. Enjoy the rest of Monday!. 
Hugs.

11 comments:

  1. I like all of your interesting pieces all tied together so beautifully...especially your d.r.e.a.m. May peace and joy come to you today, ~ kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Kathy!. it's always neat to add doily as it makes any pages a little bit more girly :).

      Delete
  2. Lovely pages.... I love the blue! and great use of doilies!!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karen!. Doilies are my favorite, just next to ice-creams :). Thanks!

      Delete
  3. What a pretty page, all these blues are making me HAPPY!! This is soft and romantic feeling, love the flowers and circles and numbers! I can see you had fun with this page. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Dawn. Certainly enjoying making the circles! :).

      Delete
  4. what a lovely, lovely journal spread! The placement of your circles, roses and postage marks takes your eye all the way around and into the page.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda!. So glad it worked :). Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Loving all those circles and the shading you've done. The hearts are a great touch and pop of red to go with your journaling. I need to grab my journal and play today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice colour Combo....im feeling very relaxed looking at it.....love the number leather thickers
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jasmine, thanks so much for your first comment :). I believe you could leave your email at " Follow Such Pretty Canvas by email" on the right side bar, just beneath 'Follow me on Pinterest" button. See it?. When you fill up your email here, you'll receive my blog updates via email. Good luck!.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP